Work hard...Party harder!!!

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Weekdays....my weak days!

Scene 1 - Friday Evening
I'm all happy and excited about having 2 days off. I am thinking about how I am going to get lotsa sleep and complete 2 million things i need to do.
As the evening proceeds...i either goto to a club nearby of rent a movie and watch it with a couple of beers ooops i mean diet coke!

Saturday Morning...i get up sometime after noon. Have a looooooong hot shower and a brunch. Piss the evening off just going to some place in Fort Wayne.

Sunday Morning....Thats the day when the morning blues start. The day goes by fast and by the time i do my laundry and get my groceries...its time to get to bed.

Then comes the 5 worst days of the week. The fight starts at 5.30 am in the morning between me and my alarm clock...i finally manage to get up around 5.45am...rush rush and get to work by 7am. Work just goes on and on and its probably 5-5.30pm before i leave my office. I goto the Y from there and workout. Finally come back home at 8pm just in time to eat something and crash into bed. So do the other days go

Now all of you must be wondering why i am writing about my daily schedule...the point i am trying to make is life had just become soo monotonous and busy and feels like a never ending struggle with time. After serious thought i have come to the conclusion that if we want to have a super duper career we have to scrifice social life or if we have to have a great life then i guess we must be just content being where we are and not worry much about having a great career.

I guess thats one more of nature's balances...you work hard..make more money but wont find time to spend it the way you want to or we can just work our 40 hours per week and have the time but no money to do all that we want to.

Either way...independent of if we are happy or not..we are always a little discontent!

Its my beleif that its this discontention that makes us want to take that extra step...step after step!

2 comments:

The Doodler said...

So true, Venky...I can relate to what you are writing..

expertdabbler said...

Don't worry dude.
I am in chennai and i am doing practically the same stuff for the last 2/3 years.
One great consolation is veetu saapadu. Amma is with me.

Maybe try doing something which you are not in the habit of doing.
I felt wretched when i got up today. Got up and cleaned our kitchen without amma asking for it. Felt good.

Regarding growth in life, it is like a woman's heart. You never know.