Work hard...Party harder!!!

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

En Vazhkai!!

While I am sitting here having my horrible dinner (Toast with eggs and Kroger Instant Chunky vegetable soup) I was thinking I must have been like a horrible mafia guy who wrote all his fortune to the homeless when he died. wondering why? read on...

This post is a conversation between me and rational public who would ask logical questions to my frustrated replies...

(Conversation begins…)


Venky: As I got home from work at 6.30 today evening and opened up my personal emails, I saw this email from this lady in OIA asking me for a set of documents for my CPT. She is annoying stupid bone headed ***** **** **** (beep beep beep!!!)

Public: relax..whats the big deal? just give her the documents and get done with it!!

Venky: Ohhh....yeah? I wish it was that simple. I live in Fort Wayne, IN a 4 hour drive from Lexington. So its not like i can take a couple of hours lunch and go meet her on a weekday.

Public: I understand but you are still wrong scolding her because she is just doing her job. There are rules and procedures which need to be followed and she is just doing her job well...

Venky: is she really? so why didnt she tell me about these documents when couple of weeks back i took 2 days off and spent an hour in her office going through what i was giving her and asking her a million times if that was all she needed. why didnt she tell me about this then?

Public: Ohhh...I see what you are saying now. Yeah shit happens sometimes!! just what is she asking for?

Venky:
1) A letter from my DGS which I gave her when i was there. No idea why she needs another letter stating the exact same thing again
2) Official Transcripts..which take 2 days to be processed and posted and so I wouldnt receive it till Monday and I will have to send it back to her immediately. My CPT expires next Friday and I dont know how I am going to sort this thing out. Btw FYI my transcripts will go from UK to me in Fort Wayne, and then immediately back to UK. And before you ask NO, UK cant send it directly to the other department..c'mon they cant make it any easier for the students...that just isnt how UK works!!
3) I have to be registered for Summer and Fall. I have to take courses for which I cant register myself and the request has to go from my prof. to the department secretary. Sending paper work to our dept. secretary is like throwing a stone in quicksand...get it?

Public: Holy cow!! looks like you are in deep shit!! Hmmm you know the best thing to do is to take your mind off this for a while. Take it easy man...go hang out with your friends...

Venky: Thanks for reminding me...I have no friends in Fort Wayne..

Public: What about roomies? go spend some time with them..

Venky: Jackass...no roomies either...I live by myself.

Public: WHAT??? You are kinda decently sociable why dont you have friends in Ft. Wayne yet?

Venky: Ohh well I work like 12 hours a day and there is little time left after that to socialize!!

Public: Hmm thats alrite...atleast since you put in soo many hours you might get a full time job in the company!!

Venky: hehe last week the company told me that wasnt an option. The big 3 automakers who account to over 90% of our sales had to have soft sales while I am in the job market. so what happens? my boss tells me "Venky..You are just the kind of person we would like in our company and I have heard nothing but good things about you but unfortunately we cant offer you a position at this time"

Public: dude you still have good friends in Lexington...call them up and talk to them! It will make you feel better

Venky: Well yeah...I could do that but the signal inside my house sucks....

Public: ohh plss...what a sad excuse!! go outside and talk!!

Venky: I would if I lived somewhere else...not in this crazy city where its 50 degree s and snows in May. Id freeze to death!!

Public: Change your cellphone service provider...

Venky: I already did...I had a sprint before and since my reception was bad changed to Tmobile paying $150 in early termination fees only to find that Tmobile is worse. My friends now blame me for the bad service like its my fault!!

Public: Hmmmm...I assume you dont have a girlfriend either...

Venky: You think I'd be talking to you if I did?

Public: Hmmm man I really feel sorry for you...Ill hang out with you for a while...

Venky: Thanks man...I appreciate your understanding but I dont need your sympathy. Anyways its already 11.30 pm and since i need to be at work by 7 am tommorow
(like any other day), I need to get up by 5.30am and so need to get to bed now!

Public: Goodluck dude...just hang in there....

Venky: You bet I will!!

(Conversation ends..)


The above conversation explains why I might have been a cruel Mafia who killed lotsa ppl in my last birth.

The only good thing about my life right now is my family and friends...they give me the fuel to go on!!(Explains why I might have given my fortune to the homeless!!) Must have definitely done something good in my previous birth to have this. On the whole I feel like I'm running a 100,000m hurdle race...you jump over one only to find another one smiling at you with sarcasm!!

Whatever!!!!!!

5 comments:

Freeyavedu said...

Machan.. Pavam da nee... Innum 2 naal than.. I will also be writing a similar post... :-(

I guess one of us can pick ur transcript if you give a written authorisation. U can write a letter, scan it and email us. We can pick up the transcript.

Kay said...

Machi sorry about all u have written da. If at all i can do something for u, sure call me da.

Macha nalla eluthi iruke da......

We are there for you macha, vera yethuvum panna mudiyatiyum, nee pulamburatha atleast 2 ears kuduthu ketpom da..

dinesh said...

It's hard to be funny while you write your "soga kadhai". But it was pretty funny ! I know it'll be hard, but let me tell you..I've been there. Konja naal iru, pazhagidum :)

The Doodler said...

Venky,
I understand man! U might just end up having a comment of *beep*s if I talk about the person concerned!! Let me know if there's something I can do here. Will do!
And as Dinesh says, things will get better. cheer!

FSN 3.0 said...

Welcome to the working world buddy.I've been doing the same thing for like 7 months now and am still wondering why I make myself go through it every single day.

Maybe I'll find my answer in a couple of years - if you find it before then let me know :-)