Work hard...Party harder!!!

Friday, April 22, 2005

Shanthi...Shanthi!!

I am watching this documentary on CNN about the 1995 Oklahoma city bombing and it got me started into thinking about the world we live in right now. Its soo painful to see affected people talking about how their lives changed after this happened.

It also got me thinking about some really disturbing incidents that have happened recently in Florida. Infact this has been something I have been thinking about for a while. If I was a parent bringing up my children in FL i would be a little scared considering the fact that there has been about 2 kids who have been kidnapped and killed in a matter of a month. I was wondering god forbid..what I will do if something like that happens to me?

Simple...Ill take a gun and shoot the bastard who dares to mess with my family down!! I will let him/her live but make sure I cause some serious permanent damage s/he will remember the rest of his/her life. I am educated and beleive in the law but then there also times when i think the law does not do justice to some mentally sick people...esp the ones who mess with children. It will be "A time to Kill" (You'd know what I am talking about if you have read the John Grisham novel)
Besides I really care for my close family (like the most of you!!) and anybody who dares to cause harm any of them will pay for it dearly!!
All I need in this world is Peace...Am I asking for too much?

Btw what a coincidence...they are playing "A time to Kill" on Cinemax. Looks like even the gods agree with me!

On a lighter note....ISA elections are coming up and I am going to vote for Ramji. I think he is sincere and has worked hard for ISA and other associations.
Vote for Ramji!!

2 comments:

P B said...

Nalla ezhudhura da..keep it up

Venky Gopalan said...

Muthu
Thanks Machi!!