Work hard...Party harder!!!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

What can I say...in the last 2 months I went from a world trotting happy bachelor to a regular single desi guy who goes to work in the morning, comes back in the evening, cooks eats...watches TV and goes to bed! I am still not sure if the change is for good or bad...initially it felt great, not having to live off a suitcase, being able to come back home to a more familar setting rather than a hotel room etc., Yet in the last 2 weeks I have somehow been missing the crazy life I used to live, the fun of travelling, seeing new places, meeting different kinds of people, trying out different cuisines, wine and beer.. etc.,

Somethings have definitely changed for the good though...I have moved to Farmington Hills, Michigan, a fairly plush suburb of Detroit from Fort Wayne, IN. It certainly feels great to live in a big city especially with a ton of Indian stores around, Udipi hotel within 5 miles from my house etc., It certainly is a great releif and much better than Fort Wayne, IN. Attached below are some pictures of my new apartment, which I spent a lot of time working on and decorating (another new found passion along with cooking and decorating somehow sounds more panzy than it really is;))






Well I also bought a new car...well new for me but actually a used car. I bought a 2003 BMW 330i...its still brand new considering it only had 28000 miles on it when I bought it...besides that car was love at first sight...I saw the car at the lot of the first dealer I went to, really liked it, negotiated the price but the dealer refused to come down on the price. Then I walked out and saw and drove a whole bunch of other bimmers, didnt really like any..atleast not as much as I liked this one, so went back to the dealer re-negotiated and finally settled for a price. I have been in love with it since then...its got all the German over engineering and the gizmos which would scare most people, but as an engineer myself I love it! Well needless to say, I made my first payment couple of weeks back and felt a little sick..However here are a few pictures...






Well...thats my life in the past 2 months in a nutshell...lot of stuff happening, some exciting but mostly its just been regular and monotonous...thats about it for now!

2 comments:

The Doodler said...

Though I hate to say this, for a guy you certainly have done a good job of decorating your apt! :)

Venky Gopalan said...

Now who is sounding sexist?