Work hard...Party harder!!!

Saturday, October 21, 2006

TGIF - This week's Best Blog Posts

Its been a long week and I am finally glad its Friday. I have been travelling the past two weekends and its been amazing fun, but yet somehow I no longer have the zest and enthusiasm I once had about going out on the weekends. The idea of freaking out in the weekends and then going back into the week and putting in 60 hours of work sounds cool, but just not practical. It takes its toll on your body and towards the end of the week this week, after almost 20 days of continuous work (travelling in the weekends and going places is fun, but still work for your body) I was almost braindead. I have decided the next 2 days is just to myself, I will watch movies, maybe even grab a book and thats it.

Here are some interasting posts I read this week

  1. I was inspired and invigorated by this post. This is the video of Steve Jobs addressing a bunch of Stanford Graduates. As a matter of fact I printed Stay Hungry...Stay Foolish in a 11X17 paper and stuck it in my cubicle. You can search in You Tube and find the full video is you want.
  2. This post in collective genius about how to deal with the situation if you feel stuck (in life in general). Its not rocket science, but a simple concise post to give you a jolt and wake you up.
  3. I attended a webinar conducted by David Allen where he talks about how to Get things done and how Mind Mapping Software (Mindjet in this case) can help with GTD. You can register here and view the webinar. Mindjet is a paid software, but googling Mind Mapping Software will give you an open source program which is free. Its got almost all the functionality, but just doesnt look as cool!
  4. This software when downloaded and installed apparently lets you watch any channel for free. I still have tried it out, but appears in Lifehacker. I plan on trying it out over the weekend and seeing if I can get any cricket matches.
Alright...thats it for this week. Its 3.30am in the morning and I am ready to hit the sack...(Promised myself earlier that I will post before I goto bed) So guys,

Happy Diwali, may the festival of lights brighten up your life a little bit more and have a great weekend.

P.S> I was half asleep when I wrote this so excuse my typos and grammatical errors if any. I will correct them the first thing in the morning.

2 comments:

The Doodler said...

Happy Diwali!

The Doodler said...

The David Allen link doesn't work..