Work hard...Party harder!!!

Monday, November 20, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

I read this great post from Tom Peters today. Tom Peters is one of the management guru's whose presentations, books and blog I follow religiously. His is one of the blogs that never goes unread in my reader among the 80 odd blogs I try to follow everyday.

I truly believe in what Tom teaches. For as long as I can remember, I have always wanted to come to United States, because I have always had this image of U.S. being the land of dreams where I could make it big and be immensely successful. A country where it wouldn't matter who I am or where I am from, and the only thing that would matter would be my Passion (always capital P:)) and performance.

Everytime I hear about a foreign born (Outside U.S.) person make it big through their own startup or become the CEO/COO of a great/large corporation, it puts a smile in my face. It reinforces my belief that in 20-30 years if I am not where I want to be, I have nobody else to blame but myself...but hopefully I won't have to.

Here is another one of Tom's recent posts I enjoyed.

P.S> For those who don't know Tom Peters (God..which world do you live in?) he is a 63 year old management guru and author of the famous book In search of excellence. Check out his blog, where you can also download some of his presentations.

1 comment:

Maayaa said...

the title cud have been " tom peters fame" :)-