Work hard...Party harder!!!

Monday, October 04, 2004

The land of diversity!!

Despite how much I have hated my life and continue hating it ever since I came to the United States, and despite how much my life sucks rite now I cant sometimes help wondering how lucky I am to be able to goto a school in the United States..especially after the cross cultural workshop I just attended.

The cross cultural workshop was great fun especially because i got to meet ppl from diffrent parts of the world and the best thing was we all kinda got along amazingly well, evident from the fact that we were up till 2.30am Friday night (technically saturday morning) playing, singing..we even had a pillow fight!! We left the Natural Bridge at 3pm saturday afternoon with everybody else's contacts vowing we will soon meet up again and have a "reunion of the cross cultural workshop of fall 2004" and Oh..boy and I am not even going to start off about the trek we had up the mountain to the natural bridge on Friday evening.

Coming back to the point which is diversity, I got to meet people from Columbia, S.Korea, China, Malasia, Vietnam, Romania, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Ivory Coast, Ghana and ofcourse United States and India. In which other country in the world can this possibly happen? I think one of the reasons the United States is a superpower is because of the diversity i.e. because there is a huge population of people from diffrent parts of the world in the American workforce who bring their culture and diversity to their jobs, giving the workforce more options and methods to do the job.

In a nutshell what I like about the Unites States is that I dont have to lose my identity as an Indian or give up my values, religion...not even my food to live here. I can be myself and am sure i will still be accepted in the society. After all its the diffrences that remove boredom from our lives and bring in variety!!

Ok...rite now my boss from Poland wants me to help him out with some stuff so Ill continue l8r..

No comments: