Work hard...Party harder!!!

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

From the United Kingdom

One of the things beautiful things about being in England is the availability of decent if not good Indian food everywhere. Couple of days back we (me and 2 of my co-workers) ate in this Indian Restraunt and my 2 American Co-workers thought the food was great. Being an Indian myself I was proud to hear that. Besides the restraunt we went to, unlike other Indian restraunts outside of India had excellent service and a waiter who took the time to explain some of the intricacies of Indian food to my co-workers. On the whole it was great. Then yesterday we went to this little english bar which serves food and there I was readeing the menu...it had a bunch of steaks, potatoes etc and finally at the very bottom there was something I couldnt beleive - Home made curry served with Chapathis and Rice. It surprises me that the UK people have taken to Indian food in a really big way. Infact a English guy at the plant was telling me that currently, curry is more common in the UK than Fich and Chips. So Yahooo!! to Indian food. I have had great fun at UK soo far. The people seem really friendly, the food's great, I get treated like royalty in the company (thanks to the 2 VP's I am travelling with), the beer (both lager and Ale) tastes great. Well! what else can I ask for?

P.S> I am typing this in my Google Desktop, tiny Daily notes taker widget that comes with the calendar widget, so bear with the lack of formatting or the spelling mistakes!!

4 comments:

Sat said...

well indian food is quite a hit...but it's not like what we get in india....the spice is mellowed down greatly!
but the best part is to see the poor vella kaarans struggle to eat a roti or naan (bread) with a fork n a knife...most of them try to roll the curries in the rotis :)

Venky Gopalan said...

Sat,
After living in the States for almost 3 years now, the food in UK seemed spicy, not that I couldnt take it, but it would have been a challenge without the cold beer.

I agree the vella kaarans struggle, but thats one department I had no problems in..I was working a lot faster on the food than the other guys I went to eat with were.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog..you have here!!! I was just running around the web the other day and came across, this airfare consolidator called Cfares..Awesome stuff man!!! If I was a Jamaican, I would scream “YA! MAN!!”…anyway… you have to check it out.. it’s something like $50 per year...and unlimited discounts!!! It’ totally cool man..amazing deeply discounted fares.. you have to see it to believe it..

http://cfares.regalix.com/cfares/cfares/index.jsp?channel=blpo8&adgroup=vego007.blogspot

Mmm I wonder how much a trip to Jamaica will cost me??..

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Product reviews of aminogenesis skin care medical education systems and neurontin Keith urban t-shirts Klonopin psychosis Guaifenesin and blood pressure buy dot matrix printers Big celebrity boobs Alpharma pfizer neurontin dist court Nissan part 1998 altima decks patios driveways milford utah Overnight butalbital neurontin 300mg cap parker davis information