Work hard...Party harder!!!

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Chennai Pattinam!!

Any trip to Chennai is always wonderful. The city to me has an unrestrainable charm. I think thats interesting because thats typically an opinion only people who grew up in Chennai have. Most people who visit Chennai view it as a place with haphazard traffic, lotsa road work, numerous temples and a conservative city. Yet despite having visited a lot of other big cities in the world, I love Chennai because i have memories associated with the city's every nook and corner. I grew up roaming in its streets, eating the delicious roadside food it offers (popularly known as "kazh-izundhi Bhavan"), spending my evenings with my friends in Besant Nagar beach eating masala Kadalai.

Yes like any other self respecting college student I bunked college and went to satyam to catch a flick and then to Spencer's plaza. I enjoy the Nair Kadai Tea and the Babu Kadai food (Yes I went to SVCE). Ill stop now...this blog is not about food, its about the memories I have from every corner of the city. Like for example the time I bunked college and travelled from Sriperumbudur to Mount Road Devi Paradise theater, taking 3 different buses to watch Minnale with 15 others, The time when the 15 of us bunked college and went on a drive on ECR and then to Juhu beach to swim the whole day and to lay on the beach under the sun, followed by the first day first show of the movie "Kannathil Mutham Ittai" in Prarthana drive In theater.

I guess you should have got the point by now..which is

1) I used to bunk college a lot...which explains the dismal attendance record I had

2) I love Chennai and I always will, it might grow and become like Chicago one day, or might get a lot worse...it might be the most condervative city in the world or the most liberal...no matter what happens I will always enjoy my trip to the city.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yeahhhhh, we used to bunk college... thursdays (full theory) meant, a day in the beach or devi paradise ;)hahah...

Me n Ed were talkin abt Mounam Pesiyadhe@Prarthana. u came late in ur bike;) we guys got soo bugggedd w/ the movie tht we started screamin, singing out loudddd n the manager came n gave us 2 options
1. shut up n stay in
2. get out
we amikified n saw the rest of the movie ;) weasels.

Chennai will always b special to anyone who did UG thr...not talkin abt the NERDSS/ GEEEKSSS who prefer research@stanford.. Am talkin abt a normal-college-goin-d00d.

Anonymous said...

forgot to leave my name on tht.... Vikram alias vicky alias Cool d00d!!!