Work hard...Party harder!!!

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

college kids!!!

I am not sure if i should feel sorry for my juniors in college and other folks going to college now in Chennai or feel J looking at them.
When i went back to India this time there were just 10-12 channels being telecast if you dont have a set top box (most dont) out of which none were worth watching! there was no Mtv, channel V, Sony etc. shat do college going kids do without these channels? As far as i can remember all i did in college with the exception of the 2 weeks during the exams was to watch TV, talk to my friends about the programs i saw on TV over the phone and then chat online about the conversation in the night till like 12-1 am and then start fresh all over again the next day. so the question is what do they talk about now?
Another thing is in college I did what i wanted to...period. If i didnt like a prof. i didnt like him/her and i just didnt give a damn. If i didnt feel like attaneding a class i didnt simply because i didnt have to explain to anybody...no internals no shit like that + i got my bachelor's degree from Madras University (SVCE) and if you know a few tricks you can be assured of a decent score although there was always a degree of uncertainity. I understand thats not how it works now....and for some reason anna university seems to be bent on screwing their students.

But then on the other hand with the current economic boom in India it looks like all you need is a B.E degree to get a software job with a starting pay of over 200,000 /year. in the good'ol times when I graduated on campus jobs didnt come that easy esp. with the kind of reputation SVCE had with companies coming oncampus...thanks to my seniors for that!!
Internet/Phones and cell phones have become dirt cheap now and i think thats pretty cool. it would have saved me the severe tirade i used to get from my dad once every 2 months when the phone bill was sent home!! I still can remember the days when i used to go out on the evening of the day the bill was sent just to avoid my dad!! sounds petty now bit then i used to get seriously screwed for this!!
Above everything i envy college kids because they are in college...the one place Id give anything to be in..amongst my friends...acting irresponsibly, bunking classes just having fun. how cool was that?
I guess ill keep talking about my college days even after i turn 80...i am foreever ready to relive them.....ofcourse such is the great college i went to...Sri Venkateswara college of Engg(SVCE)!!!

2 comments:

FSN 3.0 said...

Dude- these days college kids dont need a set top box. They are into far more exciting and promiscuous activities if you follow my drift.

Many people that I know, dont even watch tv. They are far too busy partying, getting drunk,making out etc etc. I'm not sure which was better - getting MTV and ESPN or just getting some... :-)

You are right though. I'd trade places with em in a heartbeat..

Amrita said...

Just one word, everybody would be happy to know the few underhand tricks which you abstained from mentioning in your post to get a decent score in the engineering exams.